The Knysna Alcohol and Drug Centre (KADC) has been in operation since 1994. Their service area stretches from the Sedgefield, through Knysna, to Plettenberg Bay.
KADC is a NGO (non-profit organization) whose major objectives are the prevention and treatment of alcohol and drug dependence, thereby enhancing the quality of life and restoring the self-respect and dignity of persons affected by alcohol and other drugs.
Do drugs control your life? your community?
KADC is here to help
- Community Based Rehabilitation
- Comprehensive assessment for individuals using alcohol and drugs
- Motivational Interviewing
- Family Educational Sessions
- Drug Testing
- Referrals to Inpatient Rehabilitation Centres
- Youth Programs focusing on Substance Abuse Awareness
- Community Substance Abuse Awareness
- Employees Assistance Programmes
- Substance Abuse Awareness in the Workplace
The single greatest hurdle to bring the effects of addiction into the open and remove the stigma that society has attached to it. Addicts, in the grip of their addiction, are sick people, not bad or weak ones, their whole selves eventually given over to the service of the disease.